HK and Cult Film News's Fan Box

Friday, November 9, 2007

Red Sun and FYE/Transworld Back Together Again to Screw up Legit Shaws!





Yep, and he's even using a new fake company.

This isn't old Red Sun covers and cases. There are new covers for this 4 in 1 sets (as you can see from the pics they look nothing like the old ones and look legit almost). They make no mention of Red Sun. The company listed is Ying Yang with a logo even! I don't think FYE thinks these are Red Sun discs. They are in 4 packs themed by actors, Ti Lung, Lo Lieh, Chen Kuan Tai, in films by and larged OWNED by Media Blasters and Dragon Dynasty (Ten Tigers, The Master, Heroes Two, The Master, Blood Brothers, Chinese Boxer, Aka Hammers Gods and Fist of the White Lotus). The Dragon Dynasty titles were confirmed by us recently via research done at the US copyright office.

It seems like an attempt to dump old discs in new sets before legit discs from Media Blasters and more titles from Dragon Dynasty start appearing. FYE is fully stocking these with SKUS and such.FYE Is blowing out the old Red Sun on the back ones. These new sets retail for 24.99 , but seem to be on sale for 19.99.

Here are some samples as you can see there is no way to know they are Red Sun for the common shopper might otherwise ignore it. The worst part is as mentioned that most of these titles belong to Media Blaster and Dragon Dynasty. These is an obvious attempt to dump product and at the same time kill the legit releases, ensuring the survival of Red Sun.

If your sick of this crap. Please call Transworld's CFO. I doubt he would like consumers calling him about his company selling bootlegs. Trust me I think it will work. :)

Contact Us
For corporate or financial information or questions, please contact:

John J. Sullivan
Executive Vice President, Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
E-mail: corpcomm@twec.com
Ph: 518-452-1242


Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Noah Soudrette said...

I want to thank you for your hard work and attempts to get these guys shut down. However, I have to point out that the HK Flix ad just to the right of your post is advertising all these sets your talking about.

IKF said...

I understand, but my goal is via reviews too dissuade people from buying Red Sun products(see my 10 Tigers from Kwantung review)on quality, damage to the genre and related issues and purchase legit products. Thus causing HK FLIX to lose any financial incentive for keep them in stock.

Anonymous said...

Gee, thanks for being instrumental is getting media blasters to stop me from buying legit celestials. now i have a choice to either pay more somewere else, or get it cheaper on bootleg.

i know your intentions were good, but this is not cool at all.

IKF said...

Your kidding me right. HK Flix was always overpriced for Celestial, just buy them from DDDhouse.com,yesasia.com, cdwow, buyoyo.com. Its not that expensive and cheaper than HK Flix anyway, you knew about these places right?

syncon said...

Hey
FYE is still selling these. Why hasnt Media Blasters been successful getting them to stop as they did with hkflix?

Drag00n2019 said...

IFK,
I use DDDHouse.com and play-asia.com for the majority of importing HK films onto DVD. Good thing I own an Oppo 971H multi-region player. I guess some people are too lazy to try importing?
I also don't support Tai Seng either as they're just a redistributor and I buy the actual companies releases.
About your article about this, took me a week to finally sit my ass down and e-mail all divisions of HKFlix.com about this and I added a link to your blog. I also e-mailed Bey Logan at DD too and also left a link. Like you, next time I go to any FYE, Suncoast or any releated stores, I'm purposefully grabbing a basket and dumping all the titles in there with a huge "BOOTLEGS" sign on it. Then I'll set the basket on the counter and ask to speak to a manager. Here's hoping I can do some help to our cause.

Drag00n2019