HK and Cult Film News's Fan Box

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Watching now: The Swarm!

Ever wondered what kill Irwin Allen's career well folks I'm watching it right now. The Swarm the massive budget, 156 minute killer bee opus. This movie is beyond goofy. To quote what I wrote at DVD Maniacs:
I love this film. I rented it randomly a year or two ago and man was it worth it. Just seeing the Irwin Allen formula (which I never found interesting) applied to bees is brilliant. Its like a satire except for the fact that you know it wasn't meant to be anything but serious. Kids with the Molotov, the attempts to destroy the bees, Michael Caine GETS INTO A MISSILE SILO BY HIMSELF! Pure art.
Seriously ladies and gents expect some youtube clips latter. This films is a joy to revel in! Heck, just go and rent it right now or buy it. It retails for less than 14.99 and can probably be found a lot cheaper.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never saw the entire film but I do fondly recall how the Wu-Tang Clan's first version of the spin-off Killer Bees the Swarm thing had soundbites from the film mixed in between the rap songs making the CD much better than it deserved to be. I sold the CD and repurchased it years later only to discover that those sound bites had been removed...probably due to copyright.