HK and Cult Film News's Fan Box

Friday, April 4, 2008

Les Miserables DVD Review by Jess

Les Miserables DVD Review by Jess-

I have enjoyed this musical since I was a young child (I think I went to see this when I was 7), and I’ve watched this particular special most likely a thousand times on PBS. The DVD from BBC America via Warner Brothers comes in a nice package, and includes two discs. The first disc is the 10th anniversary performance in London in 1995, and the second includes all sorts of great extra features, including a fantastic montage of all the different men who have played Jean Valjean and a documentary about the history of the musical. Who should appear as the Japanese Valjean but Chairman Kaga himself from the original Iron Chef! That is truly worth the price of the DVD alone to see Kaga sing “Do You Hear the People Sing?” in Japanese. The picture and audio quality of the set are excellent. Anyway, this is a great buy for those who enjoy Les Miz and wanted to know more about the musical itself and its various international versions. I highly recommend it!
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: