HK and Cult Film News's Fan Box

Friday, August 21, 2020

BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT -- Mini Review by Porfle





Just watched BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT. It was good watching this classic again, but I didn't see that much difference in this version.

There's a slightly longer unicorn-dream sequence, a couple of extra dancers at Taffey Lewis' club, and some other odds and ends.

The best thing was when Roy tells Tyrell upon their first meeting, "I want more life...Father." (You can almost imagine Boris Karloff's Monster confronting Colin Clive as Dr. Frankenstein here.)
 
 
 I'm glad the Final Cut includes that version of the line, as the word "Father" makes it infinitely more meaningful than the needless vulgarity used in other versions.

Oddly enough, I prefer the old DVD's less crystal-clear and somewhat murkier image, which I think is more in line with the film noir ambience.

On the whole, I feel as though I pretty much just bought the same movie again.
 
 

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: