HK and Cult Film News's Fan Box

Friday, February 1, 2008

Andy Lau Fights Security to Protect A Fan!

Lest people say its not a big deal, that stage is a decent height and he easily could have messed his leg up. Andy Lau is a pretty good human being and that was a cool thing he did for a fan. He's also a great actor too :). He handled the situation in a very respectful way afterwards (saying the fan was wrong, but not being mean, and not ragging on security, and still at the same time ensuring fans don't follow the attempt).



http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=493215
The incident happened at Andy Lau's Mainland China concert tour, its last stop at Chengdu.
Since the start of the concert the fans were already very enthusiastic, until the encore segment where it's was going to be the last song and dance, everybody stood up and rushed towards the stage.

One particular male fan got through and managed to get onto the front of the stage to shake hand and give flowers to Andy
When the security and ploice noticed that somebody managed to get onto the stage and grab hold onto Andy, they immediately went to get him. Clip from Youtube shows security not only tried to drag him away, they punched him and kicked him.

Andy, seeing this from the stage, asked them not to take force against the fan. On the Youtube, you can hear that Andy stopped singing and says "Stop!" When he saw that they did not respond, he jumped off the stage to protect that fan. It resulted a chaos as some of the crew member, security guards and Andy's personal security guards got into a fight. In result, Andy could not carry on singing as he personally had to bring that fan to the back to prevent the security guards from getting to him.

The video has been circulated and has tons of hits. It is believed that Andy is the only singer in the world that care-less of his safety to jump off the stage to rescue the fan.
After returning to the stage, the audience continued their screaming as they looked Andy as a hero, they kept screaming "Wah Zai I Love You", upon seeing Andy jumping off from such a high stage and safely returning to the stage, furthermore could continue to sing and dance, it shows that he didn't injured himself.

Later, Andy said on stage: "I know these securities and policemen are here for the good of all of you, I apologize to let you all worry, I'm okay! I'm very good! There is rules for concert, no matter how enthusiastic the fans are, I hope that you remember the importance of safety, there's no need to rushed forward and do anything against the rules, if all of you love me and support me,I knew all of that, if you want to get close to me, it is not difficult, join Andy World Club,we can always meet in my fan club gathering! Please don't use any un-safe methods to make me worry and also put the securities and policemen in a difficult position."

After the concert ended, Andy initially thought he could celebrate the success of his last stop, however such matter spolit his feelings. He said: "When I see the fan being pushed and hit by the policemen, I was shell shocked, I immediately asked them to stop but nobody listen to me, thus I jumped off the stage.

The fan was wrong as he should not break through the line and come onto the stage, but he did this to show he supported me. I was worried what the securities would do to punish him, so I jumped off the stage and told them to let this matter go, just forgive him once."
Andy said that he knew that many fans will be worried upon seeing him jumped off the stage, it also scared several crew members, thinking back it's quite risky on his part, luckily he's not injured.

He quipped: "When the concert just started, I just promise the fans that I'll take good care of myself as I would not do any dangerous stunts, unexpectedly until the encore I performed a dangerous stunt, it must have scared the 60,000 audience, I apologize for that!"

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: